Our E Bluebird pair which lost their first nestlings has renested in a different house and we found 5 eggs today, which would indicate she will begin setting at any time. Our concern is the box 50' down the fence line occupied by HSP. We had removed the first HSP eggs from that house a while ago, but they have apparently renested as we see only the male at the house. I'm sure the EBB will be at risk but unsure as to what course of action I should take. Remove the nest and possibly have the HSP go after the house occupied by the EBB? I'm sure the bluebird nest will be at risk at some point, but I don't want to create a problem. My main concern is the safety of the female bluebird. Once she sets she will be in danger from the HSP. Any suggestions would be appreciated from those who have had a similar experience. Closing the HSP box is
an easy option, but I'm not sure what the male might do in that event.

John Nelson
Good Thunder, MN