Chimney Swift Question

I am going out tonight to do the chimney swift sit and the weather report looks daunting. Can we still collect data in heavy rain?

Thanks,
Amy

On Jul 26 2010, Claudia Egelhoff wrote:

Once again it is time for the Chimney Swift Sit here in Minnesota.  The two
designated counting periods are August 6-9 and August 27-30.

Use the next two weeks to scout sites being used by roosting swifts and you
will be ready to go the first weekend in August.

The Chimney Swift Sit involves finding chimneys/smokestacks/towers being
used by swifts and then counting/estimating the number that go in to roost
any night/s during that time period.

Sunset the first weekend is right at 8:30pm.  Try to be at your site from
about 8:20 pm until dark. This will maximize the opportunities to watch and
count/estimate the number of swifts.

Go to http://mn.audubon.org to download the participation form.   You can
report swifts seen one or more days during the two periods, August 6-9 and
August 27-30.
For questions, contact

Ron Windingstad

Audubon Minnesota