A swift count at Carpenter Nature Center on Friday turned up only ONE lone
swift entering the administration building chimney. It was the only swift
seen  flying all night, even when we checked out the river valley in
binoculars. In  past years we have counted 2-4 in this chimney.

The highlight was downtown Hastings on Saturday evening. We counted about
483 swifts entering the city hall chimney. Earlier in the month 163 used a
chimney down the block. This time they completely ignored the previous
chimney  and all used the city hall chimney.

Jen  Vieth