I took a nice long walk this morning at the end of Park Point. I loved the
west coast this past spring and summer, but it is truly a blessing and
privilege to be back on beautiful Lake Superior!

I stumbled upon a BUFF-BREASTED SANDPIPER that I watched for nearly half an
hour :) They are so incredible! Two SEMIPALMATED PLOVERS observed, as well
as 11 SANDERLINGS and a flyover LEAST SANDPIPER. Juvenile BALD EAGLE was
also patrolling the beach this morning. Well, I'm off to Hawk Ridge for the
day to do some count interpreting. This west and northwest front moving
through will likely produce good early-Sept flights of raptors and songbirds
alike throughout the Duluth/Superior area.

Here are my pictures from Hawk Ridge so far this season:
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/hawk_ridge_2010

Also, if you're interested in following the migration of raptors (via
detailed daily updates that the count interpreters type up, as well as
raptor totals), you're welcome to follow Hawk Ridge at this yahoogroup: