Spent a remarkable day with Peder Svingen, Joel Claus and Robbeye Johnson at
the
first parking lot at Wisconsin Point. I arrived around 10:30am and stayed until
2:45pm.

We observed the adult Long-tailed Jaeger numerous times chasing Ring-billed
Gulls and even Herring Gulls!  We were able to take numerous photo as they
jaeger zipped by us several times chasing up the gull off the beach or gulls
loafing out in front of us.  We also observed a juvenile Pomarine Jaeger (
probably one of Karl Bardon's birds he found yesterday ) and a sub adult
Parasitic Jaeger.  At times the Pomarine Jaeger was chasing the Parasitic
Jaeger
or the Long-tailed Jaeger.  So we were able to take in all the field marks of
each species with having all three species chasing each other and also compared
them with the gulls they chased.

Other highlights:

        * Red-throated Loon
        * Long-tailed Ducks
        * good numbers of Northern PintailsI posted all my photos of the
jaegers on my
blog:  http://colderbythelakebirding.blogspot.com/

Have a great day and I am sure others will be posting locations to view their
photos. Also keep an eye on the MOU show case in recently seen section as I am
sure people will be posting their photos.

Mike

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Website: http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/