While other birders were jostling each other for looks at the Ground Dove in
Bloomington, Judy Chucker and I drove up to Wisconsin Point on Tuesday 10/19
to find jaegers.

We were rewarded by great views of a Long-tailed Jaeger chasing gulls over
the lake, often flying directly overhead.  It was a tough assignment,
lounging on camp chairs in the warm sunshine with the wind protection of the
sand berm and a jaeger performing regularly.

Also seen:  Franklin's Gull, Common Merganser, Horned Grebes, Snow Buntings,
Bald Eagles.

Thanks to all the other folks on the beach with their scopes and expertise.

--
Claudia Egelhoff
Minneapolis, MN