To: <MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Sent: Saturday, October 23, 2010 2:09 PM
Subject: [mou-net] Carver County Great-tailed Grackle

A Great-tailed Grackle(male) was with flock of ~200 Common Grackles in a field on the west side of Cty. Rd. 151 in southern Carver County this morning. Luckily for me he spent quite a bit of time just posing in one spot giving me good size comparisons. His bright yellow eyes and iridescent body really stood out. The Grackles eventually moved away from the road further into the fields. Also near that area was a large mixed flock of Ring-billed(didn't count) and Franklin's Gulls(167)(Farmer was tilling the field which is what probably attracted the gulls in the first