Many of you probably know that spring/summer flooding has resulted in
indefinite closure of Black Dog Road, essentially cutting of access to viewing
gulls and other birds on the lake. See article below:

http://www.thisweeklive.com/2010/07/01/time-to-abandon-black-dog-road/

I recently contact the Xcel power plant manager, Tom Fallgren, inquiring about
viewing opportunities for the 2010 fall/winter season. Here is Tom's response:

"Sounds good. We have had some changes to this area but are still committed to
ensuring you can get access to the gulls".

So, this is good news indeed . I will be in Australia most of November but will
coordinate with Tom so that we can access the property in December in time for
prime viewing. Stay tuned...

Jim Mattsson
Eagan, Dakota County