From: linda whyte <bi...@moosewoods.us>
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Sent: Sun, December 5, 2010 8:00:59 AM
Subject: [mou-net] ethics

Thanks to all birders, guides, and photographers who share their
knowledge, skills, and enthusiasm in ways respectful of wildlife, the
environment, and each other. Sometimes in our fervor we may
unwittingly offend, but there is no substitute for passionate caring.

I believe it's wise to speak directly and personally to each other,
when we think there's a transgression of environmental ethics, to
establish facts of a situation, and to remain open to hearing opposing
points of view. Sometimes it may even be necessary to remind the
community at large of its duties to ethics. Respectful dialogue is
essential to finding common ground. That's where we can make decisions
of action that can support everyone's (but especially the birds' ;-)
needs.

Thanks, Mike, for helping us know and care about Sax-Zim and reminding
us of those duties. Thanks, Chad, for reassuring us that you don't
destroy trees or property, and would put everything back in place.
Thanks, Jim x for volunteering to maintain the feeders. Thanks to all
of you and so many others, for sharing your talents.

Linda Whyte