An hour-long, late-afternoon check of the airport for Snowy Owls was
not successful. Camouflage always makes it challenging to see them,
and the huge mounds of piled snow we have currently really obstruct
the views of the open areas they prefer.

I did spot a Lapland Longspur at the chip-covered base of a tree on
the east side of the FedEx parking lot. He very quickly disappeared
behind a snow mound along a close runway.
There was also the "usual airport shrike" at the top of a tree on the
east side of the service road that runs parallel to Cedar/77.

Linda Whyte