We went down to look at the ducks in the Mill Pond at Veterans Park in
Shakopee and noticed a duck that looks like an American Black Duck mixed in
with the Mallards there.  It was much darker than the other female Mallards
and had the small blue patch under its wing near the back.

This is the same location that had the American Black Duck a couple of years
ago.

Unfortunately we did not have a camera with, so we had to use an iPod to
take pictures, so they are not very good.  The pictures do show that the
duck is significantly darker than the female Mallards.

http://tinyurl.com/24gy2ux
http://tinyurl.com/3yptjbv

On a disappointing note, we considered going to the Wilkie Unit nearby to
look at the ducks on Blue Lake but decided against it.  It would seem that
we made the wrong call missing the Harlequin.

Ben Harste