From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:mou-...@lists.umn.edu] On Behalf Of dan&erika
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2011 4:47 PM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] woodpecker nictitating membranes

Hi All--

On Sunday, Erika and I photographed a Downy Woodpecker at the River Bend
Nature Center in Faribault, Rice Co.  I was surprised to capture the bird's
nictitating membrane in action.  In my blog I have shared a bit of what I
have learned about woodpecker eye membranes.

http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau