A friend of mine sent the attached picture take on Jan 5 in downtown
Rochester, MN with this statement,

"this was pretty wild! Thousands of blackbirds in the sky & rooting in trees
downtown. I took the pic thru my.opened sunroof. Happy Friday"

Maybe all of the recent blackbird discussion has made me suspicious, but I
checked CBC results from recent years and I don't see any indication from
counts that would suggest there should be these kinds of numbers at this
time of year.

But I know nothing about Rochester birds and would like to hear comments to
pass on to my friend.

Bill Tefft
Ely, MN