Many of us are aware of the southern "pockets" of Common Ravens along the south/western edge of Sherburne Refuge (including Ann Lake), and Carlos Avery.

Today I heard a Common Raven calling on the south side of Princeton, 12+ miles from their typical areas. I also seem to remember an MOU post about a significant number seen on either the Isanti or Chisago CBC.

I'm wondering if we're beginning to see evidence of a more southerly distribution, or if ravens simply cover a wide area in their daily feeding/travels. Thoughts?

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties

PS By the way, where did all those "boreal birds" visiting in December go? Can't even find a redpoll, siskin or waxwing in the area this month.