Hundreds  of WF, Canada and Snow Geese, plus a good mix of duck species were
present around noon today on Lake Byllesby in Dakota Cty.  There were two
viewing areas:  at Lakeside Cemetery, and also  from the Goodhue County Public
Access Boat Landing.  Thanks for your post, Steve Weston.

Bruce Fall was at Lakeside Cemetery when I arrived, and had located all the
duck and goose species present, including Cackling Goose. I found most of them
after checking the Dakota and Goodhue locations.

Lakeside Cemetery:  Drive a little over 1/2 mi east of Randolph on hwy 88;
entrance is on the south side of the road, and a  viewing area is to your left
(east) as you enter.

Public Access to L. Byllesby, Goodhue Cty Boat Landing:  From the  hwy 56/88
intersection, go south, over the bridge on 56, about 2 miles; turn left  (east)
on Scotia Trail (302nd St.) and follow the signs. The entrance is down a hill,
on your left. The waterfowl was along the far beach, looking NE.

 At this time, slushy snow, ice, soft gravel and mud make driving, parking and
walking in both areas dicey.

Laura Coble
Cannon Falls