I was driving between Hinckley and St. Cloud today and saw a beautifully
colored
rough-legged hawk about 2 miles west of Quamba on Hwy. 23.

One mile west of the junction of Hwy. 65 and 23 (top of Kanabec CR 14 - Fish
Lake Road) on the north side of the road, there are areas of sheet water in the
pasture/prairie/field.  It was FULL of tundra swans and Canada geese.  I've
seen
swans, geese and ducks in this area in previous years, and I suspect it may be
great waterfowl spot in another week or so, when there's more open water and
less snow and ice.  If you're heading north along Hwy. 65, take a mile detour
and check it out!

Betsy Beneke
Avon, Stearns County