From: Minnesota Birds [mailto:MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Diane
Gulbrandson
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 7:24 AM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Osprey

Osprey are slowly returning.  The returning pair is back at the Mississippi
Island station and have gotten down to work of mating.  I saw an osprey at
the Hyland Lake nest.  The Twin Cities Osprey Project would appreciate a
report of any sightings of osprey.  Please report any sightings osprey,
including when and where it was seen and what it appeared to be doing
(carrying nesting material, flying, perching, etc).   The email for reports is
jvengl...@threeriversparkdistrict.org.

Also, in the Star Tribune today there is an article about the nest that was on
a light pole on 169/62 freeway light.  Any reports about osprey seen in the
extended area would be appreciated.  It's speculated they may find a cell
phone tower or another tall man made structure to nest on.  Please email any
reports to 3 Rivers Park.  There is a pole down the road on 169 near Valley
View Road which hosts an established pair.