Today's birds while on an errand run:

*         Tree Swallows over several marshes today!

*         My phoebe came back overnight. Was not here yesterday, but this AM
it was upgrading the nest under the eaves and singing away.

*         More B. Eagles everywhere, saw at least another 5 today (1 taking
a fish to the nest in midst of southern end of White Bear Lake), and an
immature fishing in the almost open water of Goose Lake in WBL; Another 2-3
on the wing overhead. Went by nest on Keller Lake; traffic too fast to see
any birds. Nest at intersection of I-35E and W has an eagle sitting on eggs,
and the one just a mile or so to the south (seen from I-35W) on the north
end of Peltier Lake is also active. One just flew over my marsh as I was
writing this. There must be another nest pretty close-by that I have not
found yet...

*         Saw a head on the nest platform that Ospreys use just west of
intersection of I-35 and Hwy 23/Lake Drive (Anoka Co)/Hwy 97 (Wash Co) on S
end of Howard Lake, but didn't have time to determine if Osprey or not.
There's enough open water at the edges of the lakes now that they could find
fish if they were lucky...

*         Turkey Vultures circling on thermals...

*         Killdeer, Song Sparrows, Grackles, Robins, Red-winged BB's...

*         Scaup (sp), Eagles, Great Blue Herons, C. Geese, Ring-billed
Gulls, and 1 swan (Trumpeter) were in the outwash of dam at S end of Peltier
Lake in Centerville.

*         And a male No. Harrier over WBL, too.

*         Frog began singing last Saturday, in all ponds, marshes, etc. as
the ice melted in the shallower areas.

Spring is here in the TC area. Soon to come to the north, too, we promise!

Holly Peirson

Columbus, SE Anoka Co.