Like others we've had lots of Bale Eagle action this year, but today took
the cake: while on the phone with my wife I watched a string of 5 BALD
EAGLES, only feet apart, drift off the lake (Red Rock) and low over our
house.  All five birds were at various stages of immaturity.  A few seconds
later I spotted a higher altitude eagle going the opposite direction.  The
expanded aeration area on the lake this year has hastened the ice melt and
exposed many dead and dying fish, making it a constant field day for the
eagles as well as the diving ducks and mergs -- and the gulls, both
Ring-billed and Herring.

Also today, our foy COMMON LOON.

Other recent arrivals have been Phoebe and Belted kingfisher.

Of six spring migrations living on Red Rock Lake, this has been far and away
our best for waterfowl watching.  Spoiled we are.

Best to all,
Don Darnell & Michelle Kern
Eden Prairie
SW Hennepin Cty.