I stopped by Purgatory Creek in Eden Prairie this evening. I did not have
binoculars but I saw two COMMON LOONS that were swimming together on the
northern pond.  Over the pond I saw the FOY Barn Swallow flying around.  I
had figured it would be a Tree Swallow but it did not have a white belly and
had the clear forked tail.

There were also many gulls and waterfowl present, but I had no binoculars,
making it impossible to identify most.  Somebody reported to me earlier
today that they saw, if I remember correctly, one Franklin Gull mixed with
the rest of the gulls.

Spring has sprung.

Ben Harste
Bloomington, MN