This is a little late but last weekend while I was out and about I made the
following observations:

The single great horned owl chick at the Lakeville nest has fledged. Parents
and
chicks have still been hanging out in the neighboring woods.

The great horned nest in Roseville is still several weeks behind Lakeville.
There is at least one chick, possibly more. The female was still in the nest
part of the time helping to keep the chick(s) warm. They are still only covered
in white down.

The eagles nest on Grey Cloud Island has two down covered chicks. The eaglets
are very young and the female is still fully on the nest.

There is also an active eagles nest in Crosby but it is still very wet and
muddy. The best view is from the boardwalk of the Wetland Trail. I did not have
my scope with me so I could not see any details on chicks.

The Acacia merlins appear to have nested. It's been over a week since I have
seen the female. I believe that the nest is in a different location from last
year and it is even more difficult to see.

The red-tailed hawk that was nesting by Hastings has mysteriously disappeared
from the nest. I photographed it on 4/16 but it was not there on Easter. I have
learned from my contacts that she was at the nest until at least 4/22. If
anyone
has any info on what might have happened at this nest please contact me.

I have photos of most of these birds but have not yet processed them.

Thanks,
Jeff Fischer
http://ecobirder.blogspot.com