Doug Stucki and Barb Kull  led 41 participants on our refuge
Hi All,

Doug Stucki and Barb Kull  led 41 participants on our refuge bird walk/tour
this
morning, and they found 54 species.  Yellow-rumps remain plentiful, but few
other migrant warblers have arrived.  The common moorhens reported back on
Little Bluestem Pool on the wildlife drive were not seen.

Highlights included:

Pileated woodpecker (yes, this is a highlight for a lot of people)
Brown creeper
Ruby & golden-crowned Kinglets
Hermit Thrush
Brown Thrasher
Warblers:  yellow, chestnut-sided, yellow-rumped, black & white, palm and
American redstart
Eastern towhee
Chipping, field, vesper, song, Lincoln's, swamp and white-throated sparrows
Rose-breasted grosbeak
American goldfinch

Betsy Beneke
Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge