So today started out with a Spring Bird Count for the Landing Minnesota
River Heritage Park (not just for history buffs anymore). It was their Civil
War day as well so we were birding amongst Union soldiers. Let me tell you
this park is a great spot. We ended the count around 1:30 with 54 species!
Some highlights include;

Brown Thrasher
American Redstart
Blue-gray Gnatcatchers - these guys were everywhere in the Oak Savanna
restoration area
Great-crested Flycatcher
Yellow Warbler
Prothonotary Warbler!!

Since we felt we were on a roll the wife and I decided to keep on keeping on
and headed to the Bass Ponds/Old Cedar Bridge. We didn't get the number of
warblers that have been reported previously, but still had a good haul
including;

Common Yellowthroat
Forster's Tern
Yellow Warbler
Spotted Sandpiper
Northern Waterthrush
Nashville Warbler
Orange-crowned Warbler
Ruddy Duck
Yellow-headed Blackbird
Greater Yellowlegs
Black and White Warbler
Long-billed Dowitcher
Lesser Yellowlegs

Stopped briefly at T.S. Roberts as well.

Magnolia Warbler

We ended the day with a total of 85 species! This was a great day!

--
*Thanks,
Nicholas R Tangen

"In wildness is the preservation of the world." - Henry David Thoreau*