In what was supposed to be a quick scouting trip to check the flooding status
at Crosby Farm (in advance of a birding class I'm leading on Tuesday), I ended
up spending an action packed hour watching new migrants.

I arrived just after this morning's thunderstorms ended and was quickly treated
to a large mixed warbler flock on the south side of the pond that is near the
west parking lot. Numbers and diversity were both pretty impressive and I
easily picked up a quick 17 warbler species (list below), plus 3 Scarlet
Tanagers, lots of Least Flycatchers, Gray-cheeked Thrush, etc.

The loop around this pond was almost completely passable (though there were
many muddy spots and a couple spots of about an inch of water. The boardwalk at
the east end was impassable, therefore it is not possible to make the complete
loop. I also drove down to the east entrance of the park by 35-E and noted that
the small parking lot there was roped off, apparently because of flooding
below. The nearest parking for this area would be on-street at Homer St. about
1/2 mile west.

Warbler List:
Common Yellowthroat
Yellow