My neighborhood trees are greened out ... the mature red oaks, silver
maples, Green Ash, White and Pitch Pines attracted many waves of
passerines today that I saw by noon.

The first wave at 7 am was the best I saw, here is what I tallied:

1.       Yellow-rumped Warbler (10+), flycatching, singing (4), staying
to lower canopy mostly, but also down to ground

2.       Magnolia Warbler (4), all male, 2 singing, stayed in mid canopy
- mostly the pines, bathing in my waterfall

3.       Bay-breasted Warbler (1), male, singing in White Pines

4.       Blackburnian Warbler (1), male, foraging high in Ash trees,
call notes

5.       American Redstart (5), 3 male, 2 female, calling and males
singing, with flashy flycatching forays

6.       Chestnut-side Warbler (2), male, singing and foraging
mid-canopy

7.       Yellow Warbler (2), males (singing) foraging mid canopy

8.       Blue-winged Warbler (1), sex unknown, silently foraging high in
red oaks

9.       Golden-winged Warbler (3), all males, 2 seen singing, may have
been more - their song was the commonest one heard today

10.   Tennessee Warbler (2), males, heard singing in Silver Maple

11.   Black and White Warbler, (1), adult male, silently nuthatch-like
foraging along red oak trunk and main branches

12.   Northern Waterthrush (1), male singing and foraging near brush
pile

13.   Palm Warbler (2), lower canopy and ground foraging

Vireos:

1.       Blue Headed , softly singing

2.       Yellow Throated, loudly singing

3.       Warbling, silent

4.       Red-eyed, flying through with scolding calls

Mark Alt
Brooklyn Center, MN