Hello Birders,
Diane & I toured Springbrook Nature Center today and it was pleasant. We saw
a male *Rose-breasted Grosbeak* at 3 ft (on the feeder, through the window)

Also saw:
*Swainson's Thrush*
*Lincolns Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Ovenbird
Black & White Warbler
Am. Redstart
Wilson's warbler*
*Baltimore Oriole*

Later, we went to Coon Rapids Dam regional Park and had a fallout:

Near the Boat trailer parking lot we had:

*Scarlet Tanager *- 2 males at eye level for 5 minutes. Awesome to see 2 in
the same binocular field!
*Great-crested Flycatcher* - at eye level
*Palm, Yellow, & Yellow rumps* on the ground

Finally, at Lot 5 I slowed for what I thought was a flock of sparrows at the
road edge where it meets the trail. Instead we had about* 30 warblers on the
ground!* We viewed them for about 10 minutes from 30 feet at eye level. What
a treat!

Included were:

*Blackburnian* -1 male ready for combustion
*Magnolia *- 3 gorgeous males
*Chestnut-sided* - 2 males
*Yellow *- 2 males
*Nashville* - about a dozen
*Tennessee* - about a dozen
*Yellow-rumps* - several
*Indigo Bunting* - a pair (FOY), just for added color
Chipping sparrow -1 for a reality check.

What an awe-inspiring end to a great, but brief day birding!

--
Sincerely,

Jim Ryan
Saint Paul's Westside
----
One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and
Nature shall not be broken. -* Leo Tolstoy*

A well governed appetite is the greater part of liberty. - *Lucius Annaeus
Seneca*