To add to others' observations of warblers and other birds feeding
underneath elm trees, I've been observing a similar mix of birds under a
couple of big elms on the 3100 block of 34th Ave S in Minneapolis.

In the last hour (since about noon) I've seen the following birds picking at
elm seeds on the sidewalk:

Warblers:
nashville (several)
tennessee (dozens)
blackpoll (1 male)
bay breasted (2 males)
cape may (3 males and 1 female)
chestnut sided (3 or 4)
redstart
yellow
yellow rumped

Also scarlet tanager, white-crowned and white-throated sparrow, swainson's
thrush, goldfinch, etc.

In the same trees today and yesterday I've seen blackburnian,
black-and-white, and magnolia warblers as well.

These are the best looks I've ever had at many of these warbler species. I'd
recommend to anyone in the area checking out the nearest elm trees and
seeing what they can find!

As long as I'm posting I thought I'd mention I saw a yellow-bellied
flycatcher this morning at Crosby Park in St. Paul. It was calling along the
path that follows the north side of the pond that's just east of the parking
lot. There is a dirt path that is higher up on the hill than the paved path
next to the pond. This path is also good for warblers since many of them can
be seen at eye level.

-Karl Roe