I've seen them a number of times, in Dakota, Rice, and Goodhue
counties, but have to admit I've grown lax about reporting them to the
Raptor Center's Kestrel Watch site, or even posting anything, mea
culpa, unless it seems unusual; with so many people doing such a great
job of reporting, it hasn't seemed necessary.
That said, I've found them on power lines along the many agricultural
fields in those counties. In certain places they seem pretty
dependable from year to year.
Linda Whyte