Another dreary rainy morning, another good day of migration.   Beginning at
Rapids Lake(vistors center/river) the weather cooperated but migrants were
scattered.    I wasn't sure how birding would be at the Minnesota Landscape
Arboretum. On Wednesday afternoon, I birded for an hour and only turned up 2
warbler species.    This morning, though, there was another influx of migrant
warblers.   The Connecticut Warbler at the arboretum was along the Forest Trail
on the northwest portion of its loop around a large marsh.   It is also at this
point where the the trail is its sloppiest from the high water levels.

Rapids Lake select count

Great Horned Owl 1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 4
Olive-sided Flycatcher 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 2
Alder Flycatcher 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 2
Yellow-throated Vireo 2
Warbling Vireo 2
Red-eyed Vireo 2
Tennessee Warbler 8
Yellow Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Blackpoll Warbler 1 female
American Redstart
Prothonotary Warbler 1 (probably the same bird reported earlier in the week by
Craig Mandel)
Ovenbird 1
Mourning Warbler 1 male along river
Common Yellowthroat
Wilson's Warbler 1 male

Arboretum select count

Caspian Tern 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 3
Willow Flycatcher 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
Veery 1
Brown Thrasher 1
Golden-winged Warbler 1
Tennessee Warbler 13+
Yellow Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler 8+
Magnolia Warbler 8 (5 male, 3 female)
Blackburnian Warbler 3 (2 female, 1 male)
Bay-breasted Warbler 1 male
Blackpoll Warbler 4 male
Black and White Warbler 1
American Redstart
Northern Waterthrush 1
Connecticut Warbler 1 male
Mourning Warbler 2 (1 cooperative male, 1 heard only)
Common Yellowthroat
Canada Warbler 1 male
Scarlet Tanager 1