I birded at the Bass Ponds this afternoon and found a Goldeneye.  Going down
into the paths, when the path splits to the right or left, I went down to
the left towards the creek.  A little bit past the creek there is an opening
where you can see the lake, and closer there is a pond that is held in by a
beaver dam.  In that area there were many Mallards, Canada Geese, and Wood
Ducks and one Goldeneye sitting on the edge of the pond resting.  Later it
got up and swam in the pond and preened itself for a while.  It was still
there when I left at about 3:00 PM.

I had initially said it was a Common Goldeneye, but now after looking at my
pictures I'm not sure whether it is a Common Goldeneye or a Common X
Barrow's hybrid.  It's doesn't have much of a crescent shaped spot on its
face, but it has pretty dark wings, which I had initially attributed to it
being a worn plumage late in June, but looking at the pictures I'm not sure,
so any help on that identification would be helpful

Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnbirder/5864717394/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnbirder/5864717386/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnbirder/5864698236/in/photostream/