I counted 5 different singing dickcissels near Sartell, Stearns County over the
weekend.  They were all along Pinecone Road between County Roads 133 and 134.
In addition, I heard several birds along county roads in western Stearns
County.  I had 3 singing dickcissels along my Sherburne NWR Breeding Bird
Survey Route earlier this month.  They really seem to be populating this part
of the world this year - I don't remember hearing any last summer.

Now, gotta go look for southbound shorebirds...we had our first observations at
Sherburne NWR on July 5th last year!

Betsy Beneke
Stearns & Sherburne Counties