I wanted to share a couple of shorebird locations in Blue
Hey birders,

I wanted to share a couple of shorebird locations in Blue Earth County as the
southbound migration ramps up.

The first is on CR16 south of CR10.  It is a flooded field on the west side of
the road.  This morning there were over 100 shorebirds (mostly Killdeer) with
Lesser Yellowlegs, Spotted, Solitary, Least, Semipalmated, Baird's, and
Pectoral Sandpipers.   This field is tiled into Cobb River.  Right now it is
perfect, but if water levels drop, it could dry up quickly.

The other location is northeast of there.  Take CR168 east from CR16 just north
of the prior location.  Go east past Lakewood Drive and you will see it on your
south side.  This location is a flooded cornfield adjacent to the road.  It is
too wet currently and had no shorebirds, but last fall I had over 100 American
Golden-Plovers there so it may develop as the season progresses.

Happy birding!

Chad Heins
Mankato

"But ask the animals and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they
will tell you; Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has
done this?" --Job 12:7, 9