Bob Janssen and I just finished our three day shorebird workshop. We had a list
of 16 shorebird species:

Killdeer
American Avocet (41 in one location)
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Solitary Sandpiper
Spotted Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Baird's Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Upland Sandpiper
Short-billed Dowitcher
Stilt Sandpiper
Common Snipe
Wilson's Phalarope
Red-necked Phalarope

We came across no unexpected species, but we had phenomenal views at 25 feet or
even less of many of them. It was some of the best shorebirding we have
experienced in many years of hosting the shorebird workshop. It was a great
learning opportunity for everyone.

Thanks to tip from Kim Ekert who was in the area with his MN Birding Weekend
group, we found a Henslow's Sparrow that came within 75 feet and called from
the top of a cattail for at least 15 minutes while everyone got to admire him.

We have a couple of spaces left at the Sparrow Workshop (October 7 - 9).
Contact me if you are interested in attending this 3 day sparrow workshop.
Complete details are on the web site at:

www.itctel.com/buri/SPARROW

Regards,
Doug Buri
Milbank, SD