For the seventh morning in a row, I've awakened to Evening Grosbeaks
calling in my yard in Duluth (email me back channel if you want the
address). The group, which seems to be made up of three or four
families, has about 20 birds now. They're only occasionally in my
feeders--they're spending a lot of time in the box elders, maples,
cherry trees, raspberries, my bird bath, and my neighbor's little
backyard pond. A few of the young are still begging for food, but the
adults seem only to be feeding them up in the box elders, so I only
have one pretty poor photo of that. I've got photos and a couple of
videos on my flickr photostream here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauraerickson/sets/72157627266314931/

--
Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

For the love, understanding, and protection of birds

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of birds.
There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after
the winter.

            —Rachel Carson