I was working in the North Shore area from Tuesday afternoon through
Thursday afternoon.  Small warbler flocks are starting to migrate through
with frequency.  Regarding Canada Warbler, I woke up on Wednesday to an
individual singing at the Temperance River campsites on the Sawbill Trail.
I walked out to the road and found an active group of migrants that included
at least 1 more Canada Warbler as well as Black-and-white, Palm, Cape May,
Chestnut-sided, Blackburnian, American Redstart, and Red-eyed Vireo
(multiples of some species).  The flock was accompanied by chickadees,
nuthatches, and a couple of Eastern Phoebes that may or may not have been
associating.  There were likely other species present, but the canopy made
viewing difficult.  An hour or so later, I was on the Superior Hiking Trail
between Oberg Mtn and Lutsen where I heard a Canada Warbler singing about a
mile in from the Oberg parking lot then saw another Canada Warbler around
noon about 3.5 miles in from the same lot.  So, Canada Warblers are
definitely migrating now and some individuals are still singing in the
morning.  I heard very few other singing warblers and was disappointed to
miss out on Black-throated Blue Warbler.  Also worth mentioning was an
Indigo Bunting singing on the spur trail at the Lutsen end of that stretch
in the right of way cut for the gondola and a Common Nighthawk roosting on a
limb at the intersection where that spur meets the main trail around 3:30
pm.

Regarding habitats, all Canada Warbler observations were in mixed
pole-to-mature conifer/aspen forest at various elevations, but that doesn't
really narrow it down much in the area between Tofte and Lutsen.
Shawn Conrad
La Prairie