In past years I have never made it to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in
August, waiting until September and October to visit.    This year I am making
it a point to make several August trips to the arboretum beginning today.
Yesterday's front brought with it the first significant wave of migrants into
the area.

Select arboretum count

Caspian Tern 2 flyover
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 8+
Olive-sided Flycatcher 1
Eastern Wood-Peewee 6
Least Flycatcher 7
Great Crested Flycatcher 3
Yellow-throated Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 2
House Wren 7
Sedge Wren 2
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 2
Veery 1
Northern Waterthrush 1
Golden-winged Warbler 4 (2 male, 1 female, 1 immature female)
Black and White Warbler 3
Tennessee Warbler 4
Nashville Warbler 1 female
Mourning Warbler 1 female
Common Yellowthroat ~10
American Redstart 6 female
Blackburnian Warbler 4 (1 male, 1 female, 2 immature)
Chestnut-sided Warbler 6
Pine Warbler 1 male
Black-throated Green Warbler 1 immature female
Canada Warbler 9 (4 male, 5 female)
Wilson's Warbler 5 (3 male, 2 female)

In addition there were Blue-winged, Yellow, and Wilson's Warbler at a quick
stop from the north hunters lot at Rapids Lake MVNWR.  Earlier in the week on
the 16th there was a Mourning Warbler at Carver Park, and on the 18th there
were Olive-sided Flycatcher, Tennessee, Nashville, and Canada Warbler also at
Carver Park.