Hey everyone,

Let the following narrative serve as a warning and reminder to everyone who
visits Wisconsin Point:

After a quick lunch, I drove down to the end of the point to look for
Harris' Sparrow.

There was a couple parked down on the bay side looking out at the bay.
Otherwise, there was nobody else around.
I parked near the 3-way split in the road where the thick brush where the
sparrows usually hang out.  I then walked down the middle fork and just
around the corner, barely out of sight of my car.  I wasn't gone for more
than a few minutes at most.

When I returned, I FOUND MY DRIVERS SIDE MIRROR SMASHED AND THE DRIVERS SIDE
WINDOW SHATTERED AS IF SOMEONE HAD SWUNG A BASEBALL BAT THROUGH IT.

I spent the next 3 hours cleaning up the glass, filing a police report and
patching the window with plastic and duct tape.
Now I have to replace the mirror and window, all at my expense. I can barely
afford repairs to my car as it is without someone else incurring more....

Whoever the sorry excuse for a human who did it is, I sincerely hope when
they're caught, they spend the next ten years sitting in a jail cell.

Do note that this type of vandalism has been occurring on WI Point for YEARS
and the City of Superior has DONE NOTHING ABOUT IT.
I severely doubt they will do anything about it in the future either. The
cop I talked to acted like this stuff happens every day and it was OUR fault
for parking our car on the point.

Therefore, I highly recommend to everyone who visits, that as long as this
stuff is still going on, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR. For ANY reason.
That is, unless you really like repairing broken windows.

End rant.

To any would be vandals who might be reading this:
I will be installing a video camera in my car so that you'll be on film next
time you decide that I don't need windows in my car.....

On a side note, I talked to Peder Svingen who said that there have been no
Jaegers and no Sabine's Gulls seen in Duluth since Sunday afternoon.
Seems as if the front that came through moved everything out and nothing
came in behind to fill their place. That was demonstrated by the lack of
species numbers at the point.

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Madison, WI
Interpretive Naturalist
Mississippi Explorer Cruises

http://mississippiexplorer.com/
ch...@mississippiexplorer.com

http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
<http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/%20>
http://www.nabirding.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire
the composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things
breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a
one can be again." (From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function,"
1906)