While in the BWCA this week, I had multiple Black-backed Woodpecker
observations.  The first was a pair located about a quarter mile SE of Buck
Lake on Tuesday.  The second was a pair on Wednesday morning at our campsite
on Cummings Lake (the most western campsite) and the third was an individual
bird on Wednesday evening on the south end of Crab Lake.

I heard many nocturnal flight calls during the week, especially this morning
on Crab Lake.  American Tree Sparrows have arrived and Lapland Longspurs and
American Pipits were present in locations on Cummings Lake.

--
Shawn Conrad
www.itascacnfbirding.com