Around 11:30am while in my living room I spotted a bird outside
Hello:

Around 11:30am while in my living room I spotted a bird outside my window.  I
originally thought Western Kingbird, so I went outside to get a photograph.  I
noticed on this bird that is did not have any white outer tail feathers.  The
flew back and landed on the wires above my driveway allowing me to snap off
about 5-6 photographs.  The bird then flew behind my backyard and so far it has
not returned.

I called Kim Ekcert, Don Kienholtz and Peder Svingen who arrived and are still
are looking for the kingbird.  They saw my photographs on my computer and were
able to ID it as a Tropical / Couche's Kingbird species. The bird never called
while I observed it.

I am now going to look over in Riverside and then Indian Pt. Campground.

Again the bird was seen around 11:30.  I live in Duluth, MN

I'll update it as soon as the bird is re-located.

Mike

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota