Thanks so much for the update. I did go today, and it was extremely quiet, just
some coots, mallards and pied billed grebe. However, I did stop by the refuge
headquarters in Bloomington and was treated to a red-tailed hawk. It's
definitely
worth stopping by, as he's apparently been in the area quite a bit, and he
perched right in front of the feeders, a few feet from the path. I enjoyed a
wonderful aerial show as he had several other friends with him, and would swoop
down and flew very close over the heads of the onlookers - quite a treat and I
was able to get some nice shots.
Fr. Paul