This afternoon I spotted a male Pine Grosbeak feeding in a small crab apple
tree along Afton Hills Drive S. near Afton MN.  The bird was on private
property, but could be viewed from the road.  From Stagecoach Trail in Afton
(just north of Afton), take a left at Afton Hills Drive South and follow for
approx. ¾ mile to where the road "Y's".  Veer to the left and follow Afton
Hills Drive S. for about 0.4 miles.  The grosbeak was seen in one of two small
crab apple trees located just northwest of Afton Hills Drive S.  When I left
the area around 4:00 p.m., the grosbeak was no longer in the crab apples.  I
did manage to take a very poor, zoomed in cell phone image, so if anyone wants
to see the pic, drop me an e-mail.

Mike Majeski