With a few counters still out, we have a prelim count of 42 species today,
which I think is excellent.  A few comments:

Townsend's solitaire reported earlier at Eagle Lake, south of Orrock.
Black-billed magpie at refuge headquarters (hasn't been seen this afternoon, as
far as I know)
Hertzels were in the Ann Lake Campground area early a.m. looking for owls.
White-winged crossbills on the back side of Blue Hill Trail in the
spruces/conifers.
LOTS of blue jays, Canada geese and trumpeter swans.
Red-breasted nuthatches in a couple of spots.
3 eastern bluebirds NW of Buck Lake (which is also NW of Blue Hill Trail
complex)
3 song sparrows
Brown creeper around the refuge HQ.

Thank you to everyone who showed up to help with the CBC!!!

Betsy Beneke
Sherburne NWR