Thanks all. Didn't stop to think about the time of year. Going to go with red
tailed hawk. Was thrown off by the totally white chest.

Brian Wisconsin <birddud...@hotmail.com> wrote:

On my way home today stopped to look at a hawk perched on a street light at
I-94 East and Dupont Ave N.

It was either a juvenile Broad-Winged Hawk or a Ferruginous Hawk. And unless it
somehow learns English and screams "I'm a Ferruginous Hawk!", while wearing a
placard indicating so, there is no way I will ever report a hawk as being a
Ferruginous.

Large hawk with an almost completely white chest. I'm terrible at describing
raptors.

Being where it was I'm hoping that someone else here saw it today.

Brian