Sent: Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:56 AM
To: MOU-NET@LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [mou-net] Question about grassland birds

I was at yesterday's Audubon EIC meeting where Julian Sellars is spearheading an effort to stop the mowing of hay at U of M stations around the state, which leads to the slaughter of our grassland birds during nesting season.

We were wondering if there is any data on the approximate nesting times around the state. We realize that there will be much variation--not just from region to region, but from year to year within the same region. Nevertheless, it would be helpful to have some data as a starting point.

If you have any information you could share, it would be most appreciated by us and the birds.

Thanks!

Judy Chucker
St. Louis Park