As I was walking along the western shore of Rapids Lake, I heard the familiar
chip of a Yellow-rumped Warbler coming from a Cedar.   I spished once, and 5
Yellow-rumped Warbler appeared from several neighboring Cedar.  They flew
around me, chipping ocassionally, and then moved in and out of Cedar,
Cottonwood, and Oak until I lost sight of them.   There were no other birds
near the warbler at the time.  Other highlights from the western shore of
Rapids Lake were 4 Purple Finch, a  curious Swamp Sparrow as interested in me
as I was in him from atop a dead reed(also had a possible Song Sparrow chip and
dive below some reeds near this area), and a Merlin that dove after a
Chickadee.   A quick drive through the country turned up 3 American Kestrel.
2 of these are likely recent arrivals.