Hi -
On a tip from a co-worker, I located a Great Horned Owl sitting in the bowl at
the top of a hollowed out dead tree. A pair of GHO's have nested at this exact
spot on and off over the past several years. The dead tree is located just 30
feet from the road in woodsy area at the NW corner of Elmwood and Hillside in
Minnetonka. I've tagged the exact location on the map in my eBird report
submitted today. Since this is a likely nesting spot and is very close to the
road, I advise approach with care.Photos
here:http://www.flickr.com//photos/rburmaster/sets/72157629133121205/show/

Best regards,Bob BurmasterMinneapolis, MN