Tonight (Sunday) on the National Geographic Channel (NatGeo WILD)

7pm-8pm CST

This episode will feature some Great Gray footage shot in Sax-Zim Bog last
winter...Filmmakers Neil & Laura Rettig shot on the coldest day of the year in
Sax-Zim... Minus 36 degrees! They spent about a week filming.

Some of their Great Gray footage shot along McDavitt Road and CR133 will be
included tonight.

Their super slow motion footage  shot on Creek Road of another Great Gray Owl
will be shown next year in another production...I will keep you posted!

Wild Mississippi: Deep Freeze

Sunday, February 12, at 7 p.m. CST

NatGeo WILD travels to the starting point of the mighty Mississippi River —
 Lake Itasca in Minnesota, where the 2,350-mile journey to the Gulf of
Mexico begins.  Harsh cannot begin to describe the winter in this
region, where temperatures reach 33° below zero.  Survival strategies
are as numerous as the creatures that live here, such as beavers,
bobcats and gray wolves.  We’ll capture migrating bald eagles as they
prepare for the bitter cold and watch a pack of wolves hunt for deer and
 porcupine, beavers feverishly work to make dens, and the vole, a
creature similar to a mouse, create tunnels beneath the snow to scavenge
 for food.  It is truly a test of survival of the fittest in this
freezing cold wilderness.

Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road
Wrenshall, MN 55797