Mallards-numero
Lunch birding at Pickerel Lake in Lilydale park today:

Mallards-numerous
Canada Geese, approx 50 with a couple of what I believe were Cackling mixed in.
Hooded Mergansers-5 male, 3 female.
Red Tailed Hawk-actively hunting the cut area on the south end.
Northern Shrike-seen perched and calling from trees where the lakeside trail
ends.
Bald Eagles-4 soaring in the area. Two perched across the Mississippi from the
Pool and Yacht Club.
RW Blackbirds-6-8 males staking claim to shoreline areas.
Muskrats-Yes I know they're not birds, but they are ridiculously cute
scampering about and grooming on the ice.
Large Nests- There are at least 3 very large stick nests by this lake, and on
the banks of this Mississippi nearby, but none appear active at this time.

Seth Hayden
St. Paul, MN
Ramsey County