I've been out of town since birding Carlos Avery in the late afternoon/early
evening on Wednesday but here is my report for those who where interested.

In the wooded area on the southern edge - pair of mallards (usually see Wood
Ducks here as well but the water levels are a little low).

Bald Eagle in the trees to the East exactly where the Bald Eagle Nest sign is.

Pool 10 - mallards, Canadian Geese, Great Blue Heron, Possible Greater-white
fronted Geese (2), Northern Shovelers, Wood Ducks, and more which you needed a
scope to see and I didn't have one plus the lighting wasn't working in my favor

Pool 9 - Another Bald Eagle, Canadian Geese, Mallards

Pool 6 - Northern Shovelers, Ring-necked Duck, Mallards, Canadian Geese,
Blue-winged Teal

Red-wing Blackbirds, About half-dozen Blue Birds, Turkey Vulture

Pool 4 - Canadian Geese, Mallards, Blue-winged Teal, Northern Shoveler

Side note: Huge Dragonflies, beautiful blue and green - someone on here likes
Dragonflies but I can't remember who. :)

I have four unknowns that I'm working on identifying with the help of another
birder. I'll post if it's anything unusual. Also, there were lots of "song"
birds but I didn't have time to stop - my main focus was to see what was on the
water.

Michelle Hed
Anoka County