There are several good locations that provide great habitat for numerous birds
in the Long Meadow Lake Unit of the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge
in Bloomington, Hennepin County.  Please retain these directions for future
reference as there will probally be numerous posts of sightings to the
listserve from these popular locations.

The Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Rufuge Visitor Center

The Visitor Center is located at 3815 E. 80th St. in Bloomington across from
the Airport Hilton Hotel.  From I-494, exit onto 34th Ave. and drive 1/4 mileto
the entrance on the right.

Bass Ponds Trailhead

Bass Ponds trailhead is at the end of E. 86th St., approxiimately 2 miles from
the Visitor Center.  From I-494, exit onto 24th Ave.  Drive south past the Mall
of America and turn left on E. 86th St.  Follow the road on the left to parking
area.

Old Cedar Avenue Trailhead

Old Cedar Avenue trailhead is just north of the Old Cedar Avenue bridge.  From
MN. hwy 77 (Cedar Ave), exit onto Old Shakopee Road.  Drive west on Old
Shakopee Road and turn left at Old Cedar Avenue.  The Trailhead is at the
bottom of the hill near the old bridge.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Co.